WAMKELEKILE MFUNDI / WELCOME STUDENT
Watch this sneak peak video of our Learn Xhosa community:
NEXT LEVEL 1 COURSE: Starts soon!
on 24 September 2021
(Current special: get 25% off your first 3 months membership)
Come Click with Us
Join South Africa's leading Xhosa language learning community.
Led by Craig Makhosi and a team of Xhosa mother tongue tutors as well as other adult learners, where great daily multimedia content, fun, flexible, practical online learning and real-life opportunities to be immersed in the language, help you connect with the spirit of South Africa, fostering commUNITY and UBuntu.
Let's create a joyful and connected South Africa!
All of our Learning Community Members receive the following benefits:
- Great content to help you gain a real grasp of the Xhosa language.
- Flexible support through our Whatsapp and Facebook groups
- The benefits of being part of an ongoing community of Xhosa learners
- Weekly Topic Webinars and Community Lecture
- Pay a reasonable monthly subscription rather than all the course costs upfront
- Access to all online materials and courses, lecture replays, so you don't need to worry about missing a class or two because you can always catch up in your own time.
We want to build a long-term community, a movement of Xhosa learners and speakers, who are demonstrating their commitment to building a better South Africa through language learning.
But don't just take our word for it, these are three of the hundreds of people who have loved sharing in the journey with us...
"The best platform to learn Xhosa that I have come across so far... I like the fact that it is broken down into manageable chunks."
"Your system of slow learning and the three sentences to prevent mutual embarrassment and disillusion is brilliant!"
"This course has been amazing. Ndiyabulela. Please express my thanks to all! You are all really opening up a bridge and helping so many."
Choose your Package
When you become a member you don't just receive all the above awesome benefits but you can choose the level of support you need to master your Xhosa learning Journey.
Learn below about our three Main Membership packages.
(Main Benefit: All access online course content, at your own pace)
The best option if you want to study Xhosa in your own time and pace, with community support.
(25% off for 3 months)
(Main Benefit: Tutored Group Classes)
All access PLUS weekly fun online practice sessions with an awesome tutor, and other Xhosa learners via Zoom.
This is for you if you like structure, accountability and re-assurance.
(25% off for 3 months)
(Main Benefit: Private Classes)
All the benefits of the other options PLUS private lessons once a week.
The best option if you prefer one on one time with a tutor, more time and pace flexibility and greater accountability to ensure success!
(10% off for 3 months)
Our UBuntu Bridge 100% Guarantee
- We are doing this to be in service in the world and support our community (team, family, students)
- We trust that our offers will give you HUGE VALUE, a rich learning experience and the results you want.
- So with any membership package, if after 7 days you are not completely happy with what you receive we will give your money back, no questions asked.
- After that, you can cancel anytime, and your payments will stop that month!
iFAQ's - Frequently Asked Questions:
I don’t know any Xhosa, what if I can’t keep up?
I can already speak some Xhosa, will this be too basic for me?
How do I know which level I am at?
How many Semesters are there and how do they work?
What discounts do I receive as a member?
Can I stop my membership at any time without penalty?
What if I cancel or refund, do i keep the download materials?
Still worried about imali?
(the moola / the money)
Our Membership Guarantees, Refunds and Cancellations
We put out HUGE amounts of FREE quality content and have done for 15 years and will continue to. We charge for these services that cost us money to sustain, paying our growing team, and huge amounts of $$$ based tech subscriptions that continue whether we have signups or not. People who pay also help us to give to people who can't afford to pay, so we are deeply grateful for each paying customer!
We ONLY want happy members and students who appreciate the value of the service and experience that they are getting from us.
In fact we only charge money for two reasons:
- to keep independent, and pay the costs of serving our community,
- and to ensure people who join are committed and invested.
We have purposely created something that has the perfect package for your needs because as a social enterprise, we believe that people and the planet come before profit, but consciously made and spent profit ensures sustainability and innovation.
We thought, how can we create a membership offer that is a highly affordable, INCREDIBLE VALUE 'no brainer' for anyone who wants to learn Xhosa.
We have cut all of our package costs (substantially) so that it's now more than R1000 cheaper to complete each level of Xhosa lessons.
BUT, what if you can't afford, or you aren't getting value from it? Well, here are our policies for your convenience:
- You can Upgrade, downgrade or cancel whenever you want - just email us.
CHANGE (Upgrade/downgrade) PACKAGE:
- We have designed our membership offerings to meet people wherever they are at in their Xhosa learning journey, and we know that can change with time, in terms of progress and intensity of learning.
- Whether you want to go alone for a while, and study at your own pace, or join the facilitated semesters or get private coaching at the time and pace of your choice, then you can upgrade and downgrade as you need.
- Try our membership levels (without any risk) for up to 7 day.
- If you don't feel you received enough benefit you can inform us and you will receive a full refund, no questions asked.
Meet your Teachers
Founder of UBuntu Bridge, Craig Makhosi, learnt Xhosa as an adult, and is still learning. This is why he has such deep empathy for beginners to advanced learners and why he is able to teach at a level that people are able to understand and grasp quickly. He will teach you practical strategies and lead you through all the essentials of basic Xhosa conversational skills, primarily using videos, sometimes with the help of Lazola and Zikhona), but also providing downloadable audio files and text lessons!