Buy now and start speaking Xhosa
**Please note these are all downloaded materials.
This is our full course, it will walk you through everything you need to know to get you speaking and it will even have you practicing along out loud.
- Level 1, 2 and 3 PDF manuals
- Over 8 hours worth of audio mp3s
- a FREE Learn Xhosa Daily Phrases e-booklet (mini-manual)
- Corresponding Audio Mp3 tracks.
What you'll get:
- coached by Makhosi the whole way through on cultural awareness, respect, how to identify Xhosa speakers, prioritising grammar, and what you need to know before getting yourself stuck, or embarrassed!
- 3 x digital E-book with 36 hours worth of content from our live courses (worth R9000+ in live settings for the three levels) – for detailed course content CLICK HERE
- digital equivalent of 7 audio CD’s worth (over 8 hours) of interactive Mp3 tracks covering the content of the courses, step by step.
- interactive audio means that they leave a space between the English and the Xhosa for you to pre-empt the answer and then another gap after the Xhosa for you to repeat the Xhosa out loud.
- This helps the mind remember phrases, vocab, constructs, but also helps one begin to emulate the sounds and get a feel for the rhythm and sound of the language.
What people are saying:
“THE AUDIO WAS GREAT! They really help to get the sound, the rhythm and tempo of the language right” Gene Falk
“They are so straightforward and easy to follow, thanks.” Leila Codron, Seva Unite
“UBuntu Bridge’s classes and materials inspired me more then I ever dreamed Xhosa classes would. The side-effects have been the building of stronger relationships with some of my colleagues, building greater trust, and allowing me to feel genuinely part of the real society of our country. Alan Dickinson, SunAir
“Thank you for a fantastic training!! I need to compliment you on the excellent quality of the CD’s and the learning materials. I am glad we chose UBuntu Bridge to learn Xhosa!” Minnie Bentley, Cape Town Tourism
“For anyone wanting to learn Xhosa, I would highly recommend this course, it’s amazing how quickly you can pick it up with practice and was also very interesting to learn about the culture which enlightened me on some things I wondered about, like the loud speaking, but now I understand why it’s done this way by our Bhuti’s and Sisi’s” Revaan Jutzen, MHG
LEVEL 1 Content:
Confident Xhosa Essentials (8 classes)
The Level 1 course covers the essentials of learning to speak Xhosa including:
– pronunciation and greetings,
– identifying Xhosa people
– appropriate cultural insights
– verb based sentence construction
– “escape sentences” for when things get out of control
– everything required for polite, social and respectful introductions.
Lesson 1: Pronunciation, reading the language and Greetings
Lesson 2: Introduction to Verbs and Prefixes
Lesson 3: Sentence Building Blocks and CRUCIAL 1st Sentences
Lesson 4: Greetings, Names and Appropriate Titles
Lesson 5: Introductions and Pleasantries
Lesson 6: Integration Orals and “Where are you learning Xhosa?”
Lesson 7: Clarification Phrases
Lesson 8: Assessments
LEVEL 2: Confident Xhosa Essentials Part 2 (8 classes)
Lesson 9: Negatives and Clarification Phrases cont..
Lesson 10: Past Tense and Negative Past Tense
Lesson 11: Stative Verbs – i am hungry, etc
Lesson 12: Asking/Answering Questions and Future Tense
Lesson 13: Na as and / with / have
Lesson 14: The Recent Past Continuous Tense and Verb extensions
Lesson 15: Remote Past and Personal Details
Lesson 16: Conversation Oral Assessments
isiXHOSA Level 3: Intermediate isiXhosa Essentials (8 classes)
After a Level 2 recap, the Level 3 course starts with a quick but practical look at the Noun groups and how nouns function. From there further verb constructs are learnt, covering all the essentials to bring you to an extremely strong foundation for isiXhosa speaking excellence.
Lesson 17: Revise Level 2
Lesson 18: Noun Groups Summary
Lesson 19: Applying the Noun Groups
Lesson 20: The Locative – expressing place
Lesson 21: Using Nga – expressing about, by means of
Lesson 22: Object Concords (OC)
Lesson 23: The Subjunctive, the potential and useful constructs
Lesson 24: Application and Assessments
We offer discounts to all students, all NPO employees, ZAR earners and anyone who is struggling financially. We trust you - use the coupon code:
UB MEMBERSHIP ACCESS:
Buy purchasing this digital pack, you qualify for discount coupons for our online courses, if you wish to join those later!
Courses includes access to our most up to date courses and levels, lectures, replays, videos, worksheets, events and community support.
You also get notified of our quarterly semesters and have access to the live weekly lectures and whatsapp announcements and support groups!
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together!
Come Click with us!
Join the UBuntu Bridge Community now!
Offers will be extended by email upon purchase of this product!